Monday, November 2, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Carving pumpkins is not my favorite thing to do. I hate pulling out all the guts and I really hate all the mess. This year was extra exciting, since Jared was busy leveling the garage floor and we invited (maybe they were just there) friends to help us. We had Gaven, Logan and Ryan join us this year with Jaxon, Gunnar, Jerrick, Ryker and Monica. Hmmmm too many knives . . .

Overall it was a fun time had by all, well, except the party pooper in the group named mom. We ended up carving eight pumpkins, well, I carved most of them and gutted most of them too. The kids had a great time! The best was checking to see how many 'guts' each pumpkin had. Who knew things like that were so important. The pumpkins all turned out great! I'm glad that's over for a whole year!! Below are pictures of the excitement. I didn't even think about getting picture during the process since I was elbow deep in 'really cool' pumpkin guts and there were too many knives and too many kids to worry about pictures!!!


No comments: