Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Eyeball Truffles



It's all about yummy desserts!! I found this great recipe to make creepy peanut butter truffle eyeballs. YUM! So, we started creating. Here's the recipe:

3/4 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. Reeses Peanut Butter Cereal (crushed)
measure before crushing
4 - 6 cups powdered sugar

Mix all together and form balls. Dip in white chocolate, then dip in red colored white chocolate. Use toothpick to give 'blood-shot' eye look. Add chocolate chip (pointy side down) into red area to give an eye look. These are super yummy!!

Disclaimer.... I didn't have red food coloring, I didn't measure the cereal out BEFORE crushing, and no toothpick to spread the pink eye part - which sounded great, but my chocolate turned hard when I added the food coloring. There is something to that, just not sure what.... but all and all, they were really good and lots of fun with the kids. Ryker helped me roll the dough and he and Cannon had a great time helping me poke sucker sticks in the balls for dipping. Then, they all tried one, but mom (and dad) had more than a few..... probably why I am NOT losing weight! Found the recipe on someone's blog - but I honestly can't find it now. Although I did find a variation of the recipe on candy.about.com.

No comments: