Friday, November 5, 2010

Election Results

It has been a long two months..... running for any public office is not really fun. It gets personal - sometimes too personal. It brings out a different side of people. I have never been involved to 'play' politics. I only got involved to try and make a difference. But that difference doesn't start by getting elected, or serving in an official position. The difference starts everyday - the little things, which make up the big things.

Maybe that view is what makes an election difficult. I want people to judge and vote based on my past dedication - not my future promises. I want to be judged by what I have done and what I AM doing, not by what I 'promise' to do. The whole experience was stressful. My blood pressure as already high - I think it only went higher. Add that to everything else in my life and there were a few times I thought the world was crashing around me.

Thank goodness I have a great support system - a great family and great friends who are always willing to listen. You can't ask for anything else - well, except to win. And that I did. There was a lot of pressure from a local 'questionable' business to get in three new candidates who would forward the mayor's perspective. There were some other great options. It was close - but I was happy to see that I received support that I did.

http://www.silverstate2010.com/Counties/elko.aspx

Another four years...... Cannon will be starting kindergarten and Monica will be starting college...... I feel older already! It's hard to believe when I started on the council Ryker was 15 months, Monica was almost 10.

2 comments:

Kamerin Tangaro said...

The age thing is crazy.....but I love you tons and only wish you the best! (We are getting old....slowly....but it is happening.) Together we will age! Ha Ha

Emily said...

Thanks! I still think I'm 25 and can't imagine where all these kids came from..... and how they got so old so fast!