Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cub Scout Cake Auction

It's that time of year again that the cub scouts are having their cake auction to raise money. I'm always at a loss to figure out what type of 'extremely creative' cake I'm going to make. This year the picture of the motorcross hill won out. Since I couldn't find a 'person' to go on my motorcycle I opted for the 4x4. This is my brother's type of cake!

With Jerrick and Gunnar both in cub scouts I had to come up with another one. Since they both loved the motorcross cake, I picked the one that I wanted to do. I found the fish idea in the Family Fun magazine and am very happy with how they turned out. Although they took a lot more time than what I would have thought! Darn M&M's - they take quite a while to put on as fish scales. But the finished product was worth it! Hopefully they'll help raise some money - although we'll probably end up buying one of them..... :)


No comments: