Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School


Hard to believe that summer has come to an end..... and school is starting. Seems just yesterday that school was done and we were wondering if the house would survive all the kids being home! Luckily, there isn't too much damage! Although there is a new hole in the wall that 'no one' claims to have done.... Although Ryker did confess that he made it "a little bit" bigger. Hmmmmm, too bad I don't have hidden cameras!

Sad to admit, but I am happy that school has started. For various reasons, some to do with house cleanliness.... others with routine. Not sure which one out ranks the other. Either way - we are excited for the school year and hope the kids love every minute of it!






Monica is starting 10th grade - she will be able to get her learners permit the end of September. Okay - this may sound strange, but I am SUPER excited that she will be able to drive. No more trips to the store, running brothers around, driving to early morning seminary... oh wait, I have never had to do that - that's Jared's job... :)

Jaxon is starting 8th grade, Gunnar is in 5th grade, Jerrick is in 3rd and Ryker is starting 1st. Cannon is still at Bonnie's, which is an amazing preschool/babysitting experience! When I dropped him off the first day, after being spoiled rotten during the summer, he jumps out of the car and says, "Bye Mom" and starts walking toward the door. I think he was thinking - I'm big enough to walk myself to the door. My 2 1/2 year old going on 10!

No comments: