Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jared's Elk Hunt

Every year since we moved to Nevada, Jared has put in for an Elk.... and every past year, nothing. This year was his lucky year. The opening day of the hunt Jared bagged this beauty! It's a 6x6 (which means nothing to me) although now that I've had it explained, it means how many points the horns (aka rack) has. I feel like I'm turning in to quite the hunting wife. Now the only thing that would make it so much better was if I was willing to go out in the cold and participate. Um, no. I like staying at home in my warm bed, have I mentioned how much I love having a furnace and a flushing toilet? Well, if not, consider it mentioned!

Okay, back to the real success of this! Jared had some amazing help from a father and son that love to scope out Elk and participate in other's hunts. They were a big reason Jared's hunt was quick and successful.

No comments: