Thursday, December 25, 2008

December Memories

December is full of great memories - there is the Christmas parties, decorating the house, making gingerbread houses, making cookies (or candy!), Christmas pajamas, Christmas morning . . . the list goes on and on. So, since I've been a little neglectful of all the wonderful things that I have to share - it's a bonus day! I figured, since I have a little bit of free time, I'd make sure I was completely caught up. I did spend several hours this morning creating a Star Wars lego ship (one of the bad guys - not sure who). It was one of those 'projects' that had 50 pages of instructions and several thousand pieces. So, here goes . . . Monica had here first dance recital. She did a great job. Of course, anything extra in the middle of December is crazy - but this was well worth it! She really enjoys taking dance!


Sleding at Grandma and Grandpas. The kids sure enjoyed the snow in Logan. I forget how much snow they really get there - and how little we get here - and how thankful I am that I don't have to shovel!! But my kids do miss out on the playing in the snow. So, while we were at Grandma and Grandpa's, they made sure the kids had a chance to enjoy the snow. Apparently, the boys had a great time, pushing each other off the sled into the snow. Did I mention I'm really glad I don't have to shovel snow???


And I can't mention Grandma and Grandpa's house without mentioning the spoons injury - yes, it was wild (it always is!) - but this time, instead of sitting around the table, we sat around the living room, with the spoons on a stool in the middle. So, if you got 4 of a kind, or saw that someone else was grabbing a spoon - you had to jump out of your chair and fight your way for a spoon. Monica sustained a very large bruise on the top of her foot - it was a nagging injury for a while!! We think we know who it was, but we probably shouldn't mention Dan's name!! Okay, we don't know who it was for sure - but it's a family party Monica will never forget!!

No comments: