Tuesday, April 20, 2010

California

This last weekend, Monica and I went to California. (Yes, Monica was just there - but last minute she did some major babysitting and agreed to pay half the plane ticket, if I paid the other half for babysitting. Couldn't resist spending the weekend with my daughter). She flew to San Diego to see Baili, and I flew to Orange County to see Melissa. I spent a day and a half with Melissa, being pampered. Much needed, life has become beyond stressful. I used to say if I could just clone myself I would be great. These days, I'm thinking that I need two clones to keep everything up.

On Saturday, we drove down to Camp Pendleton, had lunch with Baili, Elvis, the boys and Monica. Then Monica and I hung out with Baili. We pampered ourselves by just relaxing. It has been a long time since I've had time to read a book, put my feet up, enjoy some Golden Girls episodes, well, a lot, but it was great. Sunday, I took pictures of their family, and my favorite was taking pictures of the new baby. I also did a whole lot of baby holding while I was there. I LOVE babies, especially when I can love and cuddle and not have to get up in the middle of the night! He's a doll!

Monica spent Sunday with Melissa and I picked her up that night, half way between.... on the way back on base, it was after 10 pm, which means they card everyone in the car. No id for Monica. Oops. Luckily, she was underage, but the marine that took my id, asked her how old she was, when she said she was 14, I told him that she was my daughter. He did a few close looks, as if I was lying, I volunteered my family pictures, just in case!! He handed my id back and told me that I looked really good for my age. Yeah me! Looking young compliments don't come often enough!! Monica had to tell everyone about it. I'm not sure if she was shocked that he didn't believe we were mother and daughter, or that he thought I looked younger. Mothers always look older than they are, right? At least when you're that age. It gave us something to laugh about.

Monday we flew back to reality. It was a little sad, a lot overwhelming, but good to be home and see my babies. Cannon was so excited when he saw me. I think Jared was just as excited. Cannon had been up the night before (all night), turns out he had an ear infection. But due to the hectic work schedule and unforseen circumstances, it was really hard on him, Jared that is!! He's an amazing guy! Luckily he puts up with me!! And sometimes I put up with him - mostly during hunting season!! (Oh, and when it comes time to buy the licenses, and put in for the draws, and replace skiis on snowmobiles, okay, you get the idea!!). Luckily, neither of us wants to be single parents, so we keep finding ways to stay in love. Who could do it on their own? Certainly not me!! I'm insane now . . .

Here are a few pictures of the new baby (yes, saved the best for last)-



No comments: