Saturday, April 3, 2010

Moni's Birthday

It won't be too much longer and my baby girl will leave me with ALL her brothers. AHHHHHHHH! Maybe by then I'll move to her college dorm with her! Okay, probably not, but it might be a safe haven from the noises boys tend to make! We celebrated Monica's birthday with cake and a whole one present. Luckily it was just what she wanted. An i-pod touch. Now, before you think we buy expensive gifts for our kids, we don't. Monica put quite a bit of money into her own present. Her only requirement was that we surprise her. How? Well, we had two choices. A blackberry or an i-pod touch. Lucky me, I got to choose. Dad really wanted her to have his i-pod touch and then he could have the newer, roomier one! Too bad! His little princess got the new one!

Monica wanted a bunny cake for her birthday. Dad even told us how to make it. Picture this, Monica telling me that she wants a bunny cake and Jared getting exited and drawing a picture 'how' to make the bunny cake. I nodded appropriately, even though I ALREADY KNEW HOW. We (really just me) made a gorgeous bunny cake and even personalized it. Gunnar contributed by finding me two green skittles for the eyes. I'm not really sure where they came from. Only now am I realizing that!!!!! Buttercream frosting was a requirement, except Gunnar told me that I couldn't make it like the last one. I put almond flavoring in the last frosting, instead of vanilla. I guess they're not too fond of almonds!

I couldn't resist putting this picture of Cannon on. He ate a little bit of cake, but he was really interested in the chocolate ice cream. We let him go at it, probably not the wisest thing to do, but I'm finding with the baby, you're much more willing to let them do whatever they want.......

No comments: