Sunday, August 29, 2010

4th of July

I'm a little late - life is crazy and it never seems to slow down. 4th of July this year was VERY low key. I loved every minute of it. The last few years I have helped with the City's celebration - this year I got the year off! The city had several events, although I was out of town on Saturday and on Sunday, we celebrated by having our own small fireworks display Saturday night. Jared was working through most of the fireworks, but showed up for the grand finale (well, as grande as it got!). Luckily Jaxon and Trevor were very happy to light the fireworks while I supervised the large group that gathered!! On Sunday we celebrated by going to church and then going to see the city's firework show. Sadly, now that I know how much it costs to put on a 25 minute fireworks display, I'll probably never enjoye them quite the same...

It seems as I get older the years seem to go faster. The more I want to squish in a day, but seem to get sidetracked with the 'not really important stuff'. This 4th of July was all about my family - the MOST important stuff! :)



No comments: