Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day of School

The first day of school is always exciting. This year I have five kids in school. One of those, 'where did the time go' moments! Ryker was so excited to start kindergarten. All day! Scary! The other kids were excited too! Monica is going to be a freshman - not sure how I got old enough to have a freshman..... Jaxon is starting 7th grade (also at the high school). Gunnar is in 4th grade and Jerrick is in 2nd. Poor Cannon still has 4 years before he goes to school - which we figured would be the year that Monica goes to college, he'll go to school. Interesting comparison! Then I will have to admit that I'm getting older!!





This year is going to be a great year for everyone! Jaxon was able to sign up to be a lunch helper - which means free lunch and extra food! It was his idea and he is LOVING it! I really love it since school lunch in high school costs $2.75 each day. Five kids in school will kill me just for lunch. Elementary school lunch is $2.50 per day. So, $13.00/day or $65.00/wk can buy some pretty great stuff for cold lunch! Which is what the option is going to be for the younger ones.

Monica tried out to be a cheerleader at the end of last school year - and she made it! So I now have an official cheerleader at my house! Which comes with it's own drama. Although it hasn't been too bad yet! Maybe part of it is being 14 - but there has to be a part I can blame on being a cheerleader! She cheered her first varsity game on Friday night. She was nervous and excited and did a great job! It was fun to see her cheering.

This year for the younger boys is going to be great! I know each of their teachers (well, getting to know Gunnar's) and I know what great teachers they are. All my babies are growing up.....

No comments: