Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cannon's Here



Cannon made his appearance early Saturday morning at 1:15 a.m. He weighed 6 pounds even and was 18 1/2 inches long. He is an absolute replica of all the other kids - except he's much smaller (or so it appears!). He didn't have any problems although I had high blood pressure problems which lead to a longer hospital stay than I am used to. Sadly, I didn't mind - the first 36 hours I felt totally miserable. Luckily toward the end, I started feeling more like myself.

His labor was easy - no hard contractions until they broke my water around 11:00 p.m. - luckily, the epidural came an hour later - it made the rest of the delivery very easy! Cannon came after only one push - although with a little excitment since he had his cord wrapped around his neck twice. He did so well they let him stay with us for quite a while before they took him up to the nursery. I got to stay in labor and deliver until 7:00 p.m. that night due to high blood pressure that wouldn't go down. It was very frustrating.

We made it home yesterday to an excited group of kids! Everyone was very excited to have their new brother home, even the neighbor kids were excited to see him! (They all love babies!). He has been an absolute angel and has hardly made any noise (as if he really has a chance!).

No comments: