Monday, October 13, 2008

Six Kids



Wow! Who would have known that I would have been blessed with five boys, five energetic, sometimes uncontrollable boys! It's a good thing that Monica is the oldest - she probably wouldn't have survived if she was the youngest! She is in love with Cannon - she is such a big helper with him. It is so cute how each of the kids have adapted to having him around. Monica loves to hold him and can keep him calm, even when he thinks he's starving. Jaxon loves to show him off and checks on him on a regular basis - he is the one that can't seem to remember that we named him Cannon - not Connor. He also asks a lot of questions. Gunnar loves to hold him, but isn't too happy when he starts crying. Jerrick would pack him around if I would let him. He is always interested in what he is doing and where he is. Ryker isn't too interested in holding Cannon - but I find him laying next to him often. He also loves to sing, "Twinkle twinkle little star" to him when he starts crying. It's so precious.

So, who would have known that I would be running a soup kitchen (we fed the neighborhood on Saturday) and supply any neighborhood child with pants and shoes when they show up without any in the freezing snowy weather - and loving every minute of it! Okay, my house is a disaster - I had to keep Jaxon calm when Ryker destroyed Darth Vaders Lego Ship and promise that I would help him put it back together again, my furniture will always be stained and I'm sure there will always be little names and pictures on my walls - but I can't think of a better way to enjoy life! Now, if I could just get the laundry to fold itself . . .

No comments: