Tuesday, March 1, 2011

California Trip - Part 2

Day 1 at Disneyland. We had a great time, at least most of the time. It was great to see other parents who had children who melted down more than mine did!

We spent most of the day in Disneyland. All the older kids rode the big rides with Dad, while Mom took Cannon around to the kiddy rides. The 'no need for motion sickness medicine' rides! We were having a great time until we lost Cannon.

We were walking around the Matterhorn and realized that we didn't have Cannon. Jared, Jaxon and Monica all headed off to find him. I stayed in the 'you are here' location with the other boys. Panic...... And, Jared found him, right by the benches at the Matterhorn. Not crying, no panic, just a mad look - something like, "How could you leave me? Really??" Those moments give you perspective on the moments when they're having a complete meltdown.



In all the excitement in the morning, I totally forgot my camera. But, tomorrow is a whole other day, with lots of pictures! So, I'll post more pictures tomorrow. Although, it probably won't be of any characters..... I think the characters are cool and LOVE having pictures of the kids with the characters. My boys didn't even bat an eye when we saw most of the princesses, Goofy, Pluto, Daisy, Donald, Mickey.... really?? I guess it was okay that I forgot my camera - since they didn't really care. The boys couldn't even tell me who Ariel was when she walked right by us.... is it just me that thinks I've failed as a mother - WHAT, you don't know your Disney princesses???? Oh, wait, they're boys. Nevermind....... I really needed another girl.



Before we got into the car, Ryker was doing the potty dance. Of course, there is no where you can go to the bathroom. We tell him it will only be a few minutes until we get to Melissa's house..... then we go the wrong way..... well, maybe a few more minutes. He's floating, so we offer him a cup. He adamantly declines the cup. Then about 8 minutes later, accepts the cup.... Jaxon and Monica (sitting in the middle seat) refuse to have the 'full' cup handed back to them to pass up to the front - where the pee cup holders are. Ryker is freaking out, now that he's filled the cup and doesn't know what to do with it. He's trying to hand it to Jaxon (sloshing). Jaxon's freaking out. More sloshing, now onto the seat, then onto Jaxon's pillow. Jaxon continues to have a melt down. He finally agrees to pass the cup through, although lets us know that he is incredibly unhappy about this. Now everyone is in on the freaking out.

We stopped for gas and the first thing that Jaxon says, "I HAVE to go wash my hands. YUCK!!" Then he comes back from washing his hands and says, "You DIDN'T wipe the seat off! AHHHHHHHH!" This is now producing more laughter than it should.......

I guess with six kids, five being boys, you never know what to expect, and you should always have wet wipes and potentially a pair of rubber gloves, and a cup for emergencies!

2 comments:

Kamerin Tangaro said...

BEST STORY EVER!

Keep having fun!

Jill H said...

ROTFL! Seriously, reminds me of family vacations growing up, and the handy ice cream bucket my mom always brought along, great for pee or vomit emergencies and the lid kept everything contained. :) Gonna have to give Jaxon a hard time about this one. Sounds like everything was a success and a ton of fun. Don't ya hate that you need a couple days vacation at home to recover from your vacation?