Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daughters


I've always been a little sad that I only had one daughter. She was the first and I never felt like I spent enough time dressing her up and helping her play dolls. I guess I always figured there would be more girls to come and I could fix their hair and make those crazy headbands with big flowers.

I've always known Monica was special - this week I saw her bloom. She is helping those around her with amazing grace, strength and compassion that is well beyond her years. A high school friend was murdered, which significantly affected six of her very close friends. In a world that is depicted 'all about me' I have seen her become an amazing young woman worrying about their feelings, gathering them together to share memories, and providing a shoulder to cry on when the memories are too painful to bear alone. It has made me a proud mother of one little girl who is growing up into an amazing young woman.

1 comment:

sorensen family said...

She has always been such a great kid!! My heart goes out to the community of Wendover and all of my friends there. Tell Monica to hang in there. I know all of her friends appreciate everything she has done for them.
Love Nat