Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to the Dark Ages

I went home today for lunch - Jared worked graveyard last night and Ryker was in charge. Okay, Jared was really sort of awake but trying to get in some sleep. When I pulled into the drive way and hit the garage door button, nothing happened - so I hit it several more times. Still, nothing happened. Frustrated, I decided I didn't really need to pull into the garage. So after going into the house - there is no sign of my child . . . although the husband is snoring loudly. He came into the house a few minutes later and told me he had been playing with Daisy (the dog).

I started making some lunch but ran into an interesting dilema - no power to the microwave . . . huh? Ryker giggles and tells me he knows what's wrong. We go outside to the breaker box and turn on 2/3rds of the breakers that he's turned off - amazing, now things work, including the garage door. We woke dad up and let him know that the power has returned (not sure he even noticed) and I was going back to work. Seriously, a 3 year old should not know where the breaker box is, let alone, know how to turn them on and off . . .

No comments: