Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Staples

This pregnancy is killing me! Now - how does this relate to staples. Well, you'll have to read the ranting and raving of a crazy pregnant woman to figure it out!! I made an impromptu doctor's appointment because I'm having a lot of contractions, a lot of pressure and seriously and overwhelming feeling that this just sucks! Luckily, after my appointment today - I am not dialated, but that is about all the good news. My doctor told me that the baby is already at a -2 position, he could come any time now and I really should be spending as much time laying down as I can. Did he mean bed rest? I didn't ask. He also told me that if I could just make it to September 25th, that would be ideal - although he did allude that he could see me sooner, it wouldn't suprise him - definately not a good sign. So, my vision was to come home, put my feet up and boss my children into cleaning the house and making their own dinner. (Okay, I am living in a dream world!)

Not more than 30 minutes from getting home - this happens . . .



Jerrick was trying to put down the back of a 4-wheeler trailer (by himself), which weighs at least 50 lbs and it slipped and it hit him on the head. Of course, all the neighbor kids were around and ran in ahead of Jerrick informing me of all the blood that was gushing out of his head. It was pretty bad - but after all, head wounds tend to bleed a lot. It was gashed open pretty good which in the end required 4 staples. Here's the aftermath . . .



Well, it was a good thought to take it easy!! Maybe tomorrow, after I take Gunnar to a doctor's appointment in Salt Lake!

No comments: