Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Bed rest (even partial bed rest) is lame. I've hung out on the couch most of today, watched lots of t.v., mostly flipping through channels, started reading a book, checked me e-mail at least five times, and starting make a list of all the things I still need to do to get ready for this baby!

I finally admitted to myself that it's time to take it easy - yes, this is a shock for those of you that know me. I hate to slow down, I felt incredibly guilty today while Jared picked up the house while I sat here. I had some killer contractions Thursday and yesterday and thought I might need to go to the hospital. I would really like to avoid another premature baby. I figure, I've been there, done that, hated it, would rather avoid it! So the plan is to take it easy - and see the doctor again on Wednesday. If I start dialating I'm going to head to Logan to stay with my parents at least until I'm 36 weeks - I dread the thought of having a baby in the middle of nowhere. I barely made it to the hospital with Jerrick and I really don't want a baby born at any mile marker on I-80!! Especially a premie!

At least we're getting closer. Hopefully we'll all survive!!

No comments: