Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jerrick and Legos

Jerrick is always providing us with great entertainment (at least in hindsight!). I'm still in Logan so I called my family to get an update. Monica is thrilled - she got her braces off! Yeah! That was the positive news, the not so positive news was Jerrick got a lego stuck up his nose at his friend's house. Any parents nightmare to have this happen to someone else's child at their house. (Sorry Mary Lue) Hopefully by now, most of you know that we are not terribly obsessive parents - we're happy it happened to our child and not someone else's at our house! So Jared brings him home, tries tweezers, too large for those small nostrils! Then he tried needle nose pliers - still not working. They finally tried blowing his nose with the one nostril not clogged, closed. Amazingly it worked great! It's sad to think that I missed out on this fun! But I sure did have a good laugh thinking of it!

Much fewer contractions now that I'm taking it easy. Amazing how that works! Occassional contractions and some pressure but it definately has mellowed. I'm slowly getting there. I'm officially 35 weeks today. Hopefully I'll make it another week or two, although I'm miserably pregnant. Walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying down is uncomfortable, I have too many complaints. I should just be happy to be making it one more day. One more day closer to a healthy baby that doesn't need to be in the NICU. Sometimes it's hard to keep the big picture in perspective. I guess, just one day at a time!

1 comment:

Kamerin Tangaro said...

Two Thoughts come to mind...I am so glad this didn't happen at my house. And....Jerrick has been in two of your posts and he was the main subject. Kind of a trend happening.
I am glad you are resting. This new baby needs to come safe and then come home with his mommy!